About this role
We’re hiring Synthetic Organic Chemists for an exciting permanent opportunity in our client, who is specialized in providing high-quality bio-chemicals products for innovative research, located in the Greater Toronto area.
This professional will provide, complete, and be responsible for carrying out synthetic projects in the lab and contribute to a safe working environment. Under the supervision and guidance of the Lab Supervisor, you will perform complex organic synthesis, produce complex molecules on various scales.
- Be able to set up and organize equipment and reactions so that they are run in a safe
- manner with guidance from the Lab Supervisor or designate
- Abide by health and safety guidelines prescribed by governing bodies and the TRC
- Environmental Health and Safety Committee
- Will need help in recognizing potential safety issues
- Keep an organized bench
- Keep up with company SOP and safety training
- Be able to do process development with guidance
- Contribute to the choice of the correct reaction and/or reagents to improve a reaction
- Be capable of carrying out: dry reactions, separations by chromatography,
- straightforward distillations and crystallizations
- May need assistance in interpreting analytical data and spectra
- May require assistance in organizing his / her own time and daily activities
- Make good reaction scale choices, possibly needing input from their supervisor
- Complete reactions on a weekly basis at a pace > 70% of the company average,
- including work-up and purification
- Advance 2-3 projects on a weekly basis at a pace > 70% of the company average
- Keep a notebook that can be read, understood and reproduced. May require clarification
- after auditing by the Lab Supervisor
- Paperwork for completed projects is turned in in a timely manner.
- PhD, MSc, or equivalent experience in synthetic organic chemistry
- Have complete knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry, reagents and common laboratory techniques.
- High-level knowledge of organic reactions and their mechanisms
- Strong ability to search the chemical literature with SciFinder and other tools
- Ability to plan, develop and trouble shoot complex multi-step syntheses
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Monnatha Grego is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement