About this role
We’re actively seeking an experienced Operations Manager to lead a team for a major manufacturing company serving Oil and Gas, Industrial, Marine, Municipal and Utilities sectors.
In this role you will apply your strong management skills to running operations, manufacturing, engineering, planning and maintenance to increase efficiency in the production plant. You'll managing purchasing activities and tired shipping/receiving of capital and spare parts.
Prior production/assembly plant experience is essential. Competence in Spanish is highly desirable.
This is a permanent staff position that will start remotely initially.
As Operations Manager you will be involved in the detail of operations. Your focus will be on ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of all procedures.
You will be formulating divisional goals, strategies, and operating policies and procedures, and directing implementation of approved changes. You will oversee the preparation and administration of the annual budget.
As Operations Manager, it’ll be up to you to decide who to employ, conduct performance appraisals, action salary changes, make promotions, transfers or terminations. You will be leading and inspiring your team to achieve optimum performance levels.
Your main goal is to ensure high productivity levels are maintained through effective monitoring of staffing levels and financial requirements.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Coordinating activities of departments such as operations, manufacturing, engineering, planning, maintenance in order to effect operational efficiency and economy
- Planning / directing the shipment of all capital and spares orders
- Managing purchasing activities, evaluating existing and potential suppliers to maximize cost-effective buying
- Analyzing department budget requests to identify potential reductions and allocating the operating budget
- Working closely with Operational Personnel to review activity and operating reports in case changes in programs or operations are required
- Preparing instructions and directives to the Department Administrator outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented
- Assisting Sales in providing the operational expertise needed to close major deals
In addition to operations, you will also be contributing to environmental programs as well as risk management.
It is essential that you bring a strong understanding of health and safety procedures as these relate to essential job functions. It will be part of your role to inspire a strong safety culture with a high degree of compliance.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints
- Competent Spanish-speaker
- Experience with manufacturing software, preferably Syteline
- International experience is desirable
You’ll need highly effective written and verbal communication skills, and strong computer skills (Microsoft Office applications).
You’ll show strong time management and organizational skills, and be able to demonstrate that you are strongly team oriented in your style of leadership.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in Business (MBA preferred)
- 10 years of related experience (minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role)
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Shourya Saxena is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement