About this role
We’re hiring a Safety Specialist – Electrical, for our client, a large Petrochemical company, to join their team. This is a one year contract with potential for extension.
- Develops and administers comprehensive and effective occupational safety, environmental and emergency response plans, procedures, programs and measurements
- Provides clarification on regulatory and company procedures and policy requirements as well as ensures Regulatory reporting and Compliance monitoring
- Develop and deliver communications to educate/guide internal stakeholders on the application of Responsible Care programs
- Provides boots on the ground Responsible Care support to Contractor Health & Safety Advisors and leaders
- Represents the Project as a Company Responsible Care ambassador to Contractors, Worker Trades Representatives and Joint Health & Safety Committees
- Monitors and reports RC performance through the use of balanced scorecards that include leading and trailing indicators of performance
- Develop and deliver appropriate Responsible Care related training as required
- Leads incident investigations, audits, inspections and gap analyses and recommends and implements actions to address findings
- Work closely with all members of project leadership, employees and Contractors as well as represents Responsible Care by actively participating with internal and external networks and organizations
- The successful candidate will hold or be registered as a Certified Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or equivalent technical diploma in Health & Safety with 10+ years of practical experience
- Electrical trade, technician, or engineering designation is preferred
- Electrical safety experience is required
- Field experience with construction and/or commissioning of processing plant electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Preference will be given to individuals with significant experience in an industrial or heavy construction setting
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations, and Code
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with the ability to provide instructions in safety and emergency response
- Passion for RC performance excellence
- Demonstrated effective relationship skills and strong team player
- Able to work independently and possesses strong organizational and time management skills
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Marieke Bravo is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement