About this role
- Provides administrative and technical support to the Expansion and Phase 2 Project teams using appropriate methods and technology.
- Routinely interact with internal and external personnel at all levels to transmit and acquire information, usually of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Coordinate/arrange meetings including internal or external functions involving liaison with other groups and individuals, planning and scheduling.
- Provide support on organizing internal staff events
- Handle confidential information.
- Able to apply advanced functions of a word processing package (Microsoft Word) to produce varied correspondence, letters and documents (i.e. special formatting and styling, importing graphs, charts, etc.).
- Able to apply advanced functions of a presentation package (PowerPoint) to produce presentation materials and graphics (e.g. templates, importing graphs, charts, clipart, videos, etc.).
- Create and enters data into databases or spreadsheets (e.g. Excel, SharePoint) using advanced functions.
- Create and manage cloud based document and data repository sites (e.g. Sharepoint, OneDrive)
- Make travel arrangements for senior leaders including managing complex global travel.
- Process senior leaders’ business expenses
- Relieve managers/senior leaders of administrative detail.
- Assist with on boarding / off boarding of employees and contractors. Set up and maintain distribution lists. Update organizational charts as appropriate.
- Provide coordination for general office space management, including focal for office moves and logistics; and liaison with the organization’s real estate teams.
- Provide back up for other Assistants
- Participate and support to team and social events, including days of caring when appropriate.
- Champion the Safest Project on Earth program with a focus on office safety.
- 8 years’ experience in administrative or technical assistance/coordination roles supporting technical/engineering teams in a corporate environment or equivalent organization.
- In-depth understanding of internal and external relationships involving members of own and external teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of corporate structure including business unit and company operations, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to make good judgement calls.
- Demonstrated initiative, dependability, flexibility and critical-thinking.
- Strong organizational skills managing very demanding schedules. Good attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence without authority.
- Computer literate, willing to learn new systems and able to provide support for day to day IT issues and/or work with the IT helpdesk to support others.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Advanced knowledge of Calendar and e-mail organization.
- Intermediate knowledge of cloud based information repository tools
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning applications (i.e. SAP) is considered and asset.
- Experience working in a joint venture is considered an asset.
- Experience working in a global organization is considered an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma on a technical field is considered an asset.
- Having skills as Technical Writer is considered an asset.
What we offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
- Vacancy number: PUB255966
- Location: Calgary
- Market: Energy
- hours per week: 40
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Sunday, April 12, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Technical Team Administrative Assistant - Alberta
Confirmation sent to