About this role
You’ll be reporting directly to the Business Director for this chemical category. You will be the main liaison between customer service and sales and development teams.
Your primary focus will be to maintain a supply and demand balance that minimizes disruption to customers. Should a situation occur that was not forecast and could create a disruption, you will provide the leadership to bring together the necessary resources to form an effective response. Your follow-up to prevent or minimize recurrences is key.
Your time will split broadly between the three main functions below.
Sales & Operations Planning and Execution (30%)
- Schedule, prepare and lead regional Sales & Operations. Responsible for facilitating the forecast process to develop demand and supply plans for all imported products, warehouse stocking levels, and for creating tolling plans.
- Monitoring and review of import and export shipments to make sure orders are on track to meet customer demands, and intervention to correct performance issues and drive high service levels.
Working Capital and Inventory Control (30%)
- Responsible for controlling significant Working Capital, including raw materials, finished product and packaging, supplied through multiple locations and one toller, through the management of inventory targets for each line, as well as daily inventory oversight and management.
- Inventory management and control (including obsolete and damaged stock), and annual physical inventories for all 3rd party warehouses, consignments, and tolling locations in compliance with all required company QA procedures.
Tolling and Warehouse Management (30%)
- Tolling management including forecasting, planning, performance monitoring, and coordination of all required activities.
- Warehouse Management including training on procedures, software, processes and systems. Provide routine SAP/TMS support.
- Management and planning for vendor supplied materials and services, including forecasting, PO placement, Goods Receipt, and invoice payment processing.
You will also provide NAFTA coordination for your product line and category and maintain master SAP data related to materials and plants. You’ll support the Business Director in reviewing monthly logistics performance and working on logistics-related projects.
You’ll also work on forecasts with the sales team and generate monthly forecast accuracy reports to guide the business on targets. You’ll be responsible for maintaining quality data and certificate of analysis generation. You’ll ensure that import/export movements are proceeding according to plan, and work with international affiliates and customer service to achieve this objective.
You will drive continuous improvement of Supply Chain processes, and work constantly to identify and implement improvements – your aim will be to make each cycle of the process work better than the previous.
There is some travel (less than 5%) required for warehouse support and inventory counts. You’ll also support the site HES policy and comply with all regulatory and internal requirements. That entails promoting the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents.
Your Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years minimum experience in supply chain related field is required
- Knowledge of Materials Resource Planning, particularly in an SAP environment
- Knowledge on Logistics with focus on cross-continental (Europe to US) processes
- Previous experience with SAP (Materials Movement, Import/export movement, tolling) is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Some Power User SAP experience level, MBA, and strong Excel background.
What we offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you, from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. Let us get you going so you can get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 40 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
- Publication: PUB269200
- Location: Texas
- Market: Energy
- Hours per week: 45
- Branche: Oil & Gas
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Closing date: Monday, July 13, 2020
Send me an email with the latest vacancies matching Supply Chain Manager - Texas
Confirmation sent to