About this role
Actively recruiting for this Construction Superintendent role Candidates must have previous Construction experience working on Buildings with knowledge from Groundworks through to completion
The successful candidate will be overseeing the subcontractor on site for the construction of various buildings including Control room, Ops Buildings, Warehouses, Blast resistant structures.
This role will be based near Port Arthur so candidates may have to relocate.
As Construction superintendent you will be responsible for all buildings from groundworks through to completion
- Champion on-site safety awareness and safe performance with contractor and among Project Team members
- Provide on-site support to the U&O/Buildings
- Construction Lead
Assist contractor in construction planning/construction planning
- Serve as day-to-day interface with contractor and craft labor during the Construction Phase, providing a focus on safety, quality, cost, and schedule
- Provide safety monitoring/leadership
Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress
- Provide support of contractor’s materials management/verification systems
- Ensure compliance with specifications, procedures, and plans
- Monitor workforce productivity and progress relative to schedule
Monitor environmental compliance, as required
Interface with contractor for field level changes, e.g., scope, costs, etc.
- Verify post-site arrival of procured equipment and engineering equipment
- Provide support to commissioning/systems completion as required
Support Quality Audits and other site surveillance activities including the closure of actions or issues
Perform other duties as requested
- Help develop Early Career Professionals
- Technical degree
10+ year site experience with Buildings construction including Civil, Structural, Piping, Electrical and Architectural
- Buildings experience (piling etc) from groundworks through to Completion
- High School/Technical Training
15+ years Buildings construction experience including Civil, Structural, Piping, Mechanical, Electrical and Architectural
- Personnel with Living Quarters or Accomodations experience will be considered
- Architectural and finishing experience
- Building E&I specific experience (wiring, panel installation, lighting and lighting assessment, etc.)
Why work through Brunel? We start with competitive rates, a comprehensive benefits package and a safe on-boarding process. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are supporting projects and clients worldwide. With Brunel you gain experience and expertise, building on your skills and developing your career further.
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Keith Jones is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement