About this role
About this role
Seeking an Upstream Maintenance Scheduler to work in Brisbane. This will be for a contract lasting 12 months initially.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnered with our client who is one of Australia’s leading natural gas producers. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture, whilst they expand their operations in Queensland’s onshore gas reserves.
The purpose of this role is to deliver an integrated schedule that fosters safe, reliable area operations. This will be completed by using CMMS and Primavera which aligns to our asset priorities and within our overall asset constraints. Turnaround (TAR) Responsibilities, entering and maintaining the detailed job plan data, (job steps, logic, resources, etc.) into Primavera and to develop the TAR Master Schedule. The incumbent will optimise schedules to minimise risk and maximise value to reflect upstream priorities and business objectives. The Scheduler is expected to identify and drive resolution of cross-functional conflicts and ensure request priorities and asset criticalities are reviewed and scheduled accordingly.
The Scheduler will provide scheduling expertise and facilitate smooth and safe execution for Production teams and turnarounds. Using Primavera you will integrate and optimise the schedule to minimise risk and maximise values to reflect our business priorities and objectives.
Health Safety Security and Environment (HSSE)
- Champion and demonstrate leadership towards delivery of a high-performance generative safety culture across the Central Maintenance team aimed at achieving Goal Zero objectives.
- Support delivery of HSSE improvement agenda across key focus areas of safety leadership, worksite safety, road transport, Asset integrity process safety, contractor collaboration and CO2 management.
- The Upstream Scheduler will work with HSSE representatives to provide early visibility of Safety Critical scope.
- Prioritise schedule scope in accordance with Work Management Guidelines (Safety Critical Elements, Constrained Activity Plans, Corrective Maintenance, and Planned Maintenance Etc.(IAPS/ME)
- Prepare key inputs and expedite scheduling actions from Weekly Scheduling meeting
- Ensure resource loading and availability are adequately set to accommodate emergent work
- Identify and support resolution of cross-functional conflicts
- Identify functional activities that bring risk to delivery of the Schedule
- Manage the inclusion of emergent work into the Schedule
- Ensure that all activities have been checked against schedule gate readiness criteria
- Communicate the agreed Schedules to all functions and area personnel
- Ensure that Scheduling processes are consistent with the AMS Processes, particularly IAPS and ME processes
- Drive consistency of Primavera usage in the Upstream
- Deliver contractor schedules
- Coordination of all planned activities with non-maintenance planning teams to deliver integrated All work Schedules
- Review schedule KPI performance with area leaders and others
- Tertiary qualifications in maintenance or planning desirable
- A technical professional who demonstrates extensive experience in all facets of maintenance, planning, and scheduling activities
- Demonstrated experience in administering maintenance management/work management systems
- Demonstrated experience in developing and analysing reports, and associated reporting systems
- Awareness of environmental health and safety legislation and Australian Standards as applicable to the operation and maintenance of upstream operation facilities
- Demonstrated competency to provide a high standard of services to internal customers
- Ability to manage/co-ordinate people in a multi-disciplined maintenance setting
- Excellent time management skills
- Superior computer literacy and mastery of a suite of packages including Microsoft office, Excel, Project and Primavera, Maximo/SAP
- Ability to use initiative and find solutions to complex problems
- Commitment to safety
- Flexible approach to work and ability to work outside the scope of the position where required
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic operational environment to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a multi-disciplinary production team
- Problem solving, - It is normal that problems occur in the development of schedules, but at the same time schedulers should think of the most effective way they can overcome the problems so that the maintenance activities can continue in the appropriate direction. They should be resourceful and creative in their approach to problems, and they need to identify in most cases the right person(s) within the team to help them resolve the problem quickly and efficiently.
- Decision Making - As there will always be decisions that need to be acted on, schedulers should possess good decision-making skills to help them in issues such as risk management, Asset integrity, SCE compliance, and others.
- Negotiation Skills -With good negotiation skills, schedulers can reduce risk, maximise production and increase HOTT with the teams. The schedulers need to be able to negotiate well the use of resources, budgets, schedules, Asset integrity, SCE compliance, TAR and many different compromises that are unavoidable.
- Effective Communicator - Effective communication involves important collaboration with team members, successful facilitating schedule meetings, knowing how to confront people, creating meaningful relationships with co-workers to support the business direction.
- Cross functional integration – This role requires the ability to work across various functions to bring together and integrated schedule to enable visibility and transparency of grouping and optimisation opportunities and to support delivery of disciplined participation in the IAPS and PME processes
- 12 Month Contract
- Brisbane Based
- Mon-Fri 8Am to 5PM
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chris Brennan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane