About this role
Brunel is currently searching for an HR Business Partner for direct hire with our client located just East of Phoenix, Arizona.
About the Role
We are in search of an experienced Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP – Employee Relations/Labor Relations focused) who will support and coach all leaders and employees to achieve an Employer of Choice Culture, ensure compliance with HR related laws, policies, procedures and the application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
As an individual contributor working collaborative with members of the Employee Services team, the HRBP will work with appropriate leaders on performance development/management, employee engagement, and discipline/termination issues through our internal justice process including taking the lead on all Collective Bargaining Agreement issues which includes negotiations, agreement, communication, compliance and litigation.
Who We Seek
Are you a highly motivated individual with a commitment to the safety and well-being of your fellow employees? Do you consistently look for ways to improve yourself and others? Are you committed to living the company’s core Values? If so, then you are the kind of person that we are looking for.
- Coach and mentor leaders to assist in addressing all necessary Collective Bargaining Agreement issues as needed in the areas of compliance and litigation;
- Develop the knowledge and skills of leaders and personnel in HR, labor and regulatory policies and compliance;
- Deliver tactical and operational coaching and support to leaders to identify, prevent, mitigate or resolve HR related issues in a real-time environment;
- Coach and guide leaders in developing and maintaining effective working relationships and engaging their teams;
- Coach, lead and/or assist with the investigation and disciplinary process as required and in a manner appropriate with the ongoing development of onsite leaders;
- Identify, support and implement HR initiatives that optimize existing business systems, processes and practices to improve performance;
- Provide input into the HR planning and forecasting processes;
- Deliver against agreed upon HR targets and budgets;
- Behave in a way that demonstrates support of Company’s Vision and Values: Always Accountable, Execute with Excellence, Emotional Intelligence, Deliver Results and Work Responsibly;
- Responsible for but not limited to all tasks/duties assigned or required.
Physical Demands of the Role
- 95% of time will be spent in an office environment;
- Ability to stand and walk for short durations, including walking up and down stairs and across uneven surfaces;
- Ability to kneel, crawl, stoop, and squat, occasionally in confined spaces.
- Degree in Human Resource, Social Sciences or Business Management;
- Detailed knowledge of HR theories and practices;
- Minimum of 5 years of progressing HR experience in labor relations (union), succession planning, training, coaching, and employee engagement;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all employees to achieve Company goals;
- Strong interpersonal, team building, coaching, written and verbal communication and organizational skills;
- Strong knowledge of U.S. employment law including unemployment claims, immigration, and EEO statutes;
- Experience researching HR topics and preparing a thorough, yet concise analysis of the findings including recommendations;
- Experience with an HRIS implementation is critical, especially with ADP;
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license;
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and Outlook;
- Mining or heavy industry experience an asset.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Competitive salary and incentive bonus;
- Health, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance (effective on date of hire);
- 401(k) Savings with a Company match of dollar for dollar up to 6% and fully vested as date of hire;
- Employee Share Purchase Plans;
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Join the Brunel Family
Our client is a global leader in metal mining and processing, focused on Copper and Molybdenum production. As a member of their Employee Services Team, you will have the opportunity to work for a company that places its highest priorities on supporting its people and the communities where they live, protecting the environment, and providing safe and secure working conditions.
Located just outside the Phoenix metro area in the Globe/Miami area, you will enjoy working in a collaborative and diverse team environment with training, development, and career growth opportunities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Our client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit
All fresh vacancies in your mailbox?
Sing up for the Brunel job alert
Look at our privacy statement